What is a Sump Pump?
When it comes to preventing flooding in your home, sump pumps are one of the most effective ways to keep your basement, crawl space or under any type of slab foundation dry and free from water damage.
A sump pump is a mechanical device used to remove groundwater (i.e., water that naturally flows below ground level) from beneath homes, buildings, or other structures.
The word sump comes from conduit or reservoir. The sump’s job is to collect excess water that accumulates in low-lying areas of your home (basement, crawl space, etc.) because of poor drainage, heavy rainfall, or flooding.
There are two types of sump pumps, submersible (pumps mounted below ground) and external (pumps that sit on top of the ground). Each type comes with its own set of advantages, so it’s important to know which one is the best option for your home. That’s where the TYCO Plumbing experts come in, we will evaluate which type is ideal for your situation and present the optimal solution.
Benefits of a Sump Pump
- Decrease Water Damage: Protecting property from flooding is not only a safety measure but also a way to avoid costly repairs.
- Preventative Action: A sump pump is a great investment as it can protect against flooding up to 5 feet.
- Save Money: An investment in a sump pump can prevent thousands in repair costs.
Why work with TYCO Plumbing?:
Protect your home against unexpected flooding so it’s there when you need it most. We trust Zoeller pumps as they are designed to withstand water pressure which is key during unforeseen flood events.
- Proactive Protections: To avoid flooding from happening in your home or business basement, having a sump pump installed is an important first step.
- Warranties: Purchasing a Zoeller sump pump comes with an unheard of ten year warranty.
- Customizable: Our technicians will come out and evaluate your needs and determine the best solution for you. We offer a variety of pump options so we can find one that suits your needs.